The kids collected lots of wonderful treasures on an autumn walk and we decided to put them to good use with a bit of crafting in the form of Autumn crowns!
What we used
A long piece of willow
What we did
- We used a piece of stripped willow to form the ring of the crown, offering it up to each child’s head to ensure the correct fit. Simply twisting it around itself to hold in place
- Layout twigs to go along the front edge creating a peak in the centre.
- We attached using yarn oddment but natural cordage, ribbons or string would also work well. We tied the two together a square and diagonal lash.
- We then pushed the foraged feathers into the yarn along side the twigs.
- Fir cones were tied to each side
- We then tied acorns and ash seeds along the front
- For my sons crown we used a stag theme, tying two individual twigs to the front leaving a 4 inch gap. We added leaves for decoration.