Get started with crochet by learning simple basic stitches. With just a few basics you will be able to complete loads on patterns!
The first thing you need to be able to do is a basic chain. (ch)
1. Make a simple slipknot, loop the yarn.
2. Insert your crochet hook.
3. Pull the ends so that the hook is caught in the loop.
4. Wrap your yarn around the back of your hook and over to the front.
5. Use the hook to pull the yarn through the loop.
You now have your first chain. Continue your chain by repeating steps 4 & 5.