Get started with crochet by learning simple basic stitches. With just a few basics you will be able to complete loads on patterns!
A common stitch that you will need to know is a very simple one, double crochet (dc)
This example starts with a series of chains on the hook.
1. Insert the hook through the second chain from the hook
2. Wrap your yarn around the back of your hook and over to the front.
3. Use the hook to pull the yarn through the one of the loops on your hook.
4. Wrap your yarn around the back of your hook and over to the front.
5. Pull through both loops.
6. You now have a dc, continue working into each chain stitch to form a row.