We seem to accumulate rather a lot of toilet & kitchen roll inners here! I thought this would be a nice project to do with kids to make use of them.
What we used
Toilet & Kitchen roll inners
What we did
- Painting the cardboard tubes is optional, they do look quite nice natural. We love a bit of colour here so we painted ours
- Using a contrasting colour on the inside of the tube looks quite effective
- Flatten the tube
- To make sure the depth of the petals is even, use a lollipop stick or similar to draw lines across the tube and cut into rings
- If you gently squeeze the tubes back in to shape by placing a thumb and finger on each end, you can form a nice petal shape.
- Tape the rings together along the slope near the point, continue joining the petals until you have six and then join the first to the last.
- Repeat until you have several flowers made
- To join the flowers together cut open a ring
- Thread through a petal of each of the flowers you wish to join.
- Seal together with tape. Alternatively you could use staples for this project.
- Hang and enjoy!