There is lots of fun to be had with this upcycling crafty monster shaker kids project!
What we used
Toilet roll inners
Dried pulses or grains
Paper – We used greaseproof but any will work.
Double sided sticky tape
What we did
- Cut out circles of the greaseproof paper larger than the tube.
- Tape this around one end of the tube. Make sure this is really secure!
- Fill the tube with your some dried pulses or grains. Not too many.
- Tape another circle of paper to the other end of the tube to seal.
- Cut a strip of fabric the same height as the tube, wrap around.
- Secure both ends with double sided tape
- To decorate we glued on buttons for eyes and a nose.
- Put a strip of double sided tape around the top of the tube
- Add small lengths of yarn to form the hair
- Cut out teeth from cardboard for the mouth