I love brown paper wrapped presents at Christmas, tied up with raffia or twine. This year I decided to print on some brown paper and gift bags to add a bit of Christmas sparkle. This could be a good project to do with the kids.
What we used
Brown paper handled gift bags
Gold acrylic paint
An old book
What we did
- Cut the orange in half and place face down on kitchen roll. We left overnight to allow the orange to dry out but this is optional.
- Spread some of the gold paint out on a plate and dip in the orange. Remove any excess paint with a paintbrush or by scraping against the side of the plate.
- Press the orange down onto the brown paper.
- Repeat until the sheet is covered, the paint will need to be reapplied every two to three prints. Simple geometric patterns work well.
- We repeated this process for the gift bags.
- For the gift tags we printed onto the page of an old damaged book. Cut it out and back with card. We will then punch a hole and tie on with twine.