If you have some old cutlery that needs a new lease of life then give this cutlery wind chime project a go.
You will need
Old cookie cutter
Snips or Scissors
In this project four forks, two mixer blades and a teaspoon were used but you can use any combination you prefer.
- Using the pliers bend the two outer prongs of the fork outwards and curl. If struggling to bend, try heating the metal first.
- Bend the two inner prongs outwards and then curl in the tops to form a heart shape.
- Hammer flat.
- Take another fork and curl the prongs in on themselves, alternating the direction.
- To attach the cutlery to the cookie cutter, take a length of beading wire and wrap it around the length of the cutlery in a spiral, finish with a knot.
- Attach the other end of the wire to the cookie cutter.
- Evenly space the cutlery around the edge of the cutter, with one piece slightly lower suspended in the centre.
- Hang near a window, door or outside.