The great thing about working with drinks cans is that all you really need is a sharp pair of scissors and a little imagination.
I have made many things from them and this garland is one of my favourites.
You will need
An old chain – in this case a bath chain.
Paper or thin card
Ball point pen
- Pierce the can in the side near the top and the bottom. Cut around to remove the ends leaving you with a tube. Cut along the length of the can and flatten.
- Make a paper or card template flower shape and use this to make sure the flowers you then cut from the can are consistent. Avoid sharp angles and make curves as smooth as possible.
- Cut the petals in further towards the centre (not too close) and curl the petals slightly using the blade of the scissors. Similar to curling gift wrap ribbon. Be careful of edges.
- Pierce a hole in the centre of the flower and push through the button loop.
- Secure the button with wire and attach to chain, space evenly along the length. The number of flowers will depend on the length of chain.
- To finish cut a rectangle of can and cut 80% across of it’s width, roll up to form a tassel Attach to the end of the chain by sandwiching between two buttons. (Optional)