These salt dough Easter decorations are so simple to make and will brighten up your Easter display. We used the easy salt dough recipe from our kids projects section salt-dough-recipe-crafting-fun-with-kids
What we used
Flour, water & salt
Oval and circle cookie cutter
Whisk, strainer & masher
What we Did
- Roll out the salt dough to approx 5mm in thickness.
- Using either the oval cutter or freehand with a knife cut out the egg shapes.
- Use the masher to imprint stripes
- Use the strainer to imprint spots
- Make a hole in the top of the eggs for hanging
- For the chicks we used one of the eggs and added a beak and eyes use water to join.
- For the nest we cut circles out of the dough, use the whisk for texture.
- Sliced them in two.
- We then joined these to the chicks using a little water.
- Dry out your salt dough either in a low oven or somewhere warm.
- Paint your choice of colour.
- Thread through the yarn and tie a loop for hanging.