This Easter Egg piñata project is the perfect addition to your Easter Egg Hunt parties this year. Made entirely from paper mached magazines, the kids can enjoy making it as much as breaking it!
What we used
What we did
- Blow up the balloon, the larger the better, tie a knot.
- Rest the balloon in a bowl to stop it from rolling.
- Tear the magazines into strips.
- Coat the balloon in PVA glue and add three layers of ripped up magazines.
- Leave a hole near the knot of the balloon.
- For the fourth and final layer use the colours from magazines to form a pattern of your choice. We went for a rainbow design.
- Add a final coat of glue and place somewhere warm to dry out.
- Pop the balloon and fill the piñata with sweets.
- Make four holes and thread through the yarn or string.
- Cover the hole with more glued strips of magazines.
- Hang in the garden, we choose a tree but a washing line or similar will work as well.
- Take it in turns to be blindfolded and to try and hit the piñata until it breaks. We used a large wooden spoon.