Folky (www.folksy.com) is a fantastic online platform that offers designers & crafters the chance to sell their work through their own dedicated store. They provide an online community within which to grow, to learn and share experiences.
It is the perfect place to visit for that unique hand crafted gift with a huge variety of original and innovative designs. With many sustainable and environmentally friendly makers amongst their sellers.
The Folksy summer school takes this a step further with the invaluable opportunity to hear first hand from those who have become successful. There are several guest speakers from which to gain an insight.
- Victoria Woodcock – author of State of Craft – she singlehandedly made craft cool.
- John V. Willshire – Smithery – he’s great at making things that people want and telling a good story
- Patricia van den Akker – The Design Trust – starting, running and growing your creative business
- Polly Dugdale – Handmade Horizons – her ‘Marketing for Mum’s Who Make’ eBook is rather brilliant
- Chloe Haywood – Hatastic – from her first sale to being invited to Milan Fashion week, Chloe shares her story
- Emma Jones – Enterprise Nation – a dab hand at sharing advice on how to turn your talent into a business
There will also be the opportunity to to learn new skills and be inspired with workshops and demonstrations.
Learn how to take the perfect photograph to really show off your creations, with a workshop dedicated to product photography.
So if you want to know how to turn your design and craft talents into a thriving business, then this is not an opportunity to miss!
Get your ticket before the 31st of May for substantial savings!