This jam jar tealight holder project was inspired by the gorgeous candles by Charlotte Rhoades of Mama Trash. The designs can be as simple or as complicated as you like.
You will need
Old pots of nail varnish
Scissors or snips
- Soak the label off the jar by leaving in warm soapy water until the label comes away easily along with the glue. Allow to dry.
- Choose a green varnish and paint three lines for the stem and leaves, repeat, keeping them well spaced to allow for the flower head.
- Next add a yellow dot or colour of your choice to the top of each stem.
- Add five lines of colour around each yellow dot, we used a variety of colours but they can be all the same.
- Cut a piece of wire approx. 40cm in length, 10cm from the end fold the wire so the end is in the middle. Repeat for the other end and twist together leaving a loop at each end.
- Thread another piece of wire through the two loops and around the top of the jar below the screw, twist to tighten.
- Light and drop in a tealight and hang. If not hanging make sure the holder is placed on a suitable surface.