We had lots of fun at the weekend trying out upcycling crafts for Halloween. These ghost windsocks made from milk bottles and carrier bags were one of our favourites.
What we used
Plastic milk bottles
White carrier bags
Black fabric scraps
White wool/yarn oddments
What we did
- First we cut a plastic milk bottle in half.
- Then we cut two circles from some black fabric scraps and glued them to the bottle as eyes.
- Next we cut slits around the bottom edge approx 3/4cm apart.
- We cut the carrier bags into strips.
- Tied them through the holes in the bottle.
Alternatively the strips of carrier bag can be stapled to the bottle.
- On the solid bottomed half of the bottle we cut around again so that we had a broad ring.
- We made a hole in each of the top corners and tied the wool across diagonally both ways, tying into a loop in the centre.
- Time to hang them in the trees in the garden!