Made from a shoe box, toilet roll tubes, an old black t-shirt and some lollipop sticks, this Halloween themed puppet theatre was fun to build and fun to play with after!
What we used
Old black t-shirt
Toilet roll tubes x 3
What we did
- Cut a rectangular hole in the top half of the shoebox to form a stage.
- Cut the lid in half to form the backdrop.
- Cut a piece of paper the same size as the inside of the lid and draw a spooky room.
- Fabric was also added to the lid and left to hang lower than the backdrop.
- To turn the theatre in to a spooky castle we covered it and three toilet rolls with the t-shirt fabric.
- Then added fabric covered cardboard cones to the top of the toilet rolls to form turrets.
- The top turret was attached prior to covering the box. We cut slits in the bottom end and taped to the top of the box.
- The side turrets were glued on afterwards, we pushed pins in from the inside of the box into the tubes and secured with tape, to hold in place while drying.
- Then draw out characters and back them with card.
- Tape to the end of a lollipop stick.