Seeds make a great eco friendly alternative to beads and sequins for embellishing your craft projects.
What we used
Needle & Thread
What we did
- Use an awl to make a hole in the pumpkin seeds.
- Thread seeds on to wire
- Make jewellery
- Or a garland
- Or sew on to fabric or ribbon.
- We used them the embellish an old salsa jar to gift some of the toasted pumpkin seeds we made.
- We cut discs the same size as the lid from a carrier bag and a cereal box and sewed on the pumpkin seeds in a flower pattern.
- We then glued in place and wrapped and glued ribbon around the edge.
- We glued another ribbon around the jar that we had also sewn a pumpkin seed flower on to.
- Then filled with toasted pumpkin seeds