How gorgeous is this heart paper chain? Perfect for a handmade wedding, valentines, anniversary or engagement party! Quick and easy to make, just follow these simple steps.
What we used
Wallpaper/border roll ends
Alternatively the chain can be stitched together if you don’t want to use staples. Old damaged books can be used as an alternative to the wallpaper, the project works with wool felt as well.
What we did
- Cut the wallpaper into 10-12cm lengths and then feed these through the guillotine to cut 2.5cm wide strips.
- Fold one of the pieces end to end (do not crease) with the patterned side facing outwards. Place another strip either side with the pattern facing inwards so that the ends are all level. Staple together.
- Bend the two outer strips down and pinch together to form a heart shape. Place another strip either side with the pattern facing inwards ready for your next heart.
- Repeat step three until the chain is the required length.
- Simply add a staple to form the last heart and finish the chain.
Wallpaper & paper chain kits are available in the supply section Browse