This hanging drying rack was made from an old garden soil sieve, a hanging basket chain and some pegs!
You will need
Old garden sieve
The chains from an old hanging basket
Brass beading wire
*Gold paint (Suitable for metal and wood)
Hammer and nail
- Give the sieve and the chain a good clean.
- Coat the sieve and chain with paint and allow to dry.
- Use the clips on the hanging basket chain to attach the sieve. The the base of the sieve is on the bottom.
- Paint the eight pegs in the same colour.
- Use the hammer and nail to make two holes, the width of a peg apart.
- File Off the burr.
- Use the wire to attach the peg to the inside of the sieve, threading the wire through the centre of the wire clip.
- Repeat to attach the other seven pegs, evenly spacing.
- Cut a bunch of the herb or flower you wish to dry and tie using string or ribbon.
- Tie off leaving a loop of string or ribbon, open a peg and hook on the loop.
- Repeat until the dryer is full.
- Hang in a warm, dry, well ventilated area.
*Just a quick note about paint. If I am buying paint for a project I will buy the eco version if available. For many projects though I use left over paint from other peoples projects.