I remember doing this when I was young so I was keen to give it a go with my children. Once blown the eggs can be painted and used as Easter decorations.
What we used
Thin knitting needle
What we did
- Gently press the tip off the knitting needle against the top of the egg’s shell
- Slowly twist left and right until a hole forms
- Push the knitting needle through the hole until it hits the bottom.
- Move the needle around inside to break up the egg yolk.
- Gently tap the needle against the inside of the shell until a hole is formed.
- Over the bowl cover one of the holes with your mouth and blow until all the yolk and white is removed
- Carefully rinse and dry the shell
- Paint on a design of your choosing
- Can be used as an alternative to chocolate for an Easter egg hunt
- Use to decorate your home or Easter bonnet.