Lavender wands are a simple way of using lavender to scent your home. These are great for popping in wardrobes and drawers or under your pillow to help you sleep, not only will they make everything smell wonderful they will also deter moths as well! Use them where ever you would normally place an airfresher for a lovely natural alternative.
What we used
What we did
- Select and cut seven stems of lavender, making sure you leave a generous stem of at least 8-10 inches.
- Trim so they are all the same length and remove any leaves from the stems
- Tie the stems together with one end of your ribbon just below the flowers.
- Gently bend back the stems to form a cage around your flowers, keeping them as evenly spaced as possible.
- Weave the ribbon in and out of the stems to trap the flowers inside. Use a gentle pressure to push the flowers together and keep the rows of ribbon as neatly together as you can.
- Once you reach the base of the flowers wrap the remaining ribbon in a diagonal pattern around the stems and tie off.
- Tie another piece of ribbon in a bow at the top of the stem just below the flowers.