Save your lollipop sticks this summer and make yourself this colourful mobile. This project is good to do with a child with adult assistance.
You will need
25 x lollipop sticks
27 x 5mm glass beads
2 x 10mm wooden beads
3 x 5mm bells (optional)
Paints & paintbrush
- Paint the lollipop sticks in colours of your choice. We painted them in blocks of five of the same colour. If you want to put the mobile in the garden then add a coat of varnish or use suitable paints.
- Once the paint has dried drill a small hole through the middle of each stick large enough to pass the beading wire through.
- Create a loop in the end of the wire and twist.
- Thread on one glass bead and one wooden bead.
- Add a glass bead and then a lollipop stick alternately.
- To finish thread a wooden bead and a glass bead, thread the wire through the loops of the bells, twist and cut the wire leaving a small tail. Thread the tail back up into the centre of the beads and up into the mobile for a tidy finish.
- Hang the mobile and twist into a spiral.