This magazine bracelet project shows you how to make paper beads from magazines, catalogues or junk mail and thread them together to form an expandable bracelet.
You will need
Guillotine or ruler and pen
Wooden skewer or something of a similar size and shape
2m of 0.8 clear beading elastic (allow extra to work with)
Clear Varnish – Optional
- Cut the magazine into 3cm strips.
- Roll the strip around a skewer, continue to roll until only 2-3cm remain.
- Slide the bead from the skewer and even up the edges.
- Apply glue to the remaining tab and continue to roll around to form a bead.
- You will need 28 beads for this bracelet, if you wish to varnish your beads do this now and allow to dry completely before threading together.
- Take your 2m length of elastic and slide a bead to the centre.
- Take a second bead and thread one end of the elastic through one way and thread the other end through the opposite way (Figure of eight).
- Continue in this pattern until or 28 beads have been added. Remove any slack from the elastic as you go.
- Thread the elastic through the first bead again to form a ring. Tie off the elastic using several knots and cut off the ends.
- Turn the bracelet inside out so that the join is on the inside.