A colourful and simple idea for making your own recycled handmade greetings cards. Using letters from magazines is a great way to personalise your home made cards.
You will need
Old magazines or catalogues
- Look through the magazines for large areas of colours to cut your shapes from. Catalogues are great as they often have large sections of patterned fabrics that work really well.
- Choose the shape you wish to use, see pictures below for some inspiration. For the cake design cut a dome shape from a plain coloured piece of magazine, cream or pink work well.
- Attach to the card blank with craft glue in the upper half of the card.
- Cut a circle from a red piece of magazine for the cherry and glue to the top of the dome.
- Next select a patterned piece of magazine and cut out your cake case, cut out a rectangle slightly wider than your dome.
- Cut a zig zag pattern along the top.
- Taper the sides inwards towards the bottom and round the bottom two corners.
- Glue in place.
- Find the letters you need to form your message and cut out, try and use letters that are a similar size.
- Layout the letters on the card first to evenly space.
- Glue in place