This is what I used the dried orange and apple slices for, I’ve added a few extra items that remind me of Christmas. They smell very seasonal!
What we used
Dried orange slices
Dried apple slices
See our post on how to dry your own
What we did
- First we prepared the ties for sealing the bags. Make two holes in an orange slice so that it resembles a button.
- Thread through some raffia and tie with an overhand knot.
- Glue on a cinnamon stick and a star anise and leave to set.
- Mix all the dried ingredients in a large bowl.
- Divide equally into the organza bags, the star anise and cloves tend to fall to the bottom so make sure you get an even amount in each bag.
- Tighten the string on the organza bag and tie on the orange slice tag.