This was a very fitting way to upcycle a damaged voile curtain, embroidered with lavender. A nice project to do with children, you can substitute your own hemmed squares with handkerchiefs to avoid sewing.
You will need
Fabric, cotton or voile
Sewing machine or needle
- Cut the fabric into 38cm squares.
- Fold twice 1cm in along each edge, so the square is then 34cm and hem.
- Lay ten to twelve stems of lavender onto the ‘wrong’ side of the square of fabric, so that the tip of the flowers are in the centre.
- Fold the square of fabric around the stems so that the corners meet.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around the bundle to hold together.
- Trim the stems.