I was gifted these passata tins recently, I think they are the perfect planters for my Basil and Chilli plants.What we used
What we did
- The tins were already well rinsed which saved me a job.
- In the base of the tin we made a series of holes using a hammer and nail, for drainage.
- To make some crocks, we then broke up an old plate by placing inside a carrier bag and then breaking it with the hammer.
- The crocks were then added to the bottom of the tin to prevent the holes from becoming blocked.
- The compost was then added and our plants planted.
- Placed in a sunny spot and given a good water.
- We had several of these tins so we also planted sunflowers in them and brightened up our steps.