Salt dough isn’t just for kids! Try this simple but effective hanging heart project for a lovely ornament for Valentines, Mother’s Day, Weddings or just because!
What we used
2 x cups of plain flour
2 x cups of salt
1 x cup of water
Sharp knife or heart cookie cutter
Thread or ribbon
What we did
- We used the same recipe from the kids project – Details here
- Roll out the dough to approximately 5mm thick and cut out your hearts. We did these free hand but you can use a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- We layed a crochet trim over our hearts for a lovely texture. Try experimenting with different fabrics/papers to find your preferred finish. You can always rework the dough if you’re not happy.
- Make a hole near the top of the heart for hanging.
- Place on a baking tray and dry out the hearts in the oven at a low heat until all the moisture has been removed.
- Once cooled paint in a colour of your choice.
- When the paint has dried, dry brush a metallic paint over the heart to highlight the pattern.
- Tie with thread or lace ribbon to finish
- & hang.