A quick and fun project for kids, this upcycled tin can phone kept my two entertained! We love to craft & play …
What we used
Empty tin cans x 2
Hammer & Nail
What we did
- Soak the tin cans in water to remove the labels.
- Pierce a hole in the bottom, we used a hammer and nail to do this. Make sure you flatten down any sharp edges. (This step is for the adult helper!)
- We wrapped wool oddments around the cans to decorate using tape to secure the ends.
- Then thread each end of a length of string into the hole at the bottom of each can.
- Tie the string a couple of times to form a large knot.
- Make sure the string is taut when speaking/listening into the can.