My favourite thing about this recipe is the kids can get involved, dipping the apples in the chocolate and nuts themselves.
What we used
Two large bars of chocolate
Crushed hazel nuts
What we did
- We used some lollipop sticks we’d saved from the summer to insert into the core of the apple. We just pushed these in from the bottom.
- Then break up the chocolate.
- Melt in a glass bowl placed in a pan of boiling water.
- We took it in turns to dip the apples in the chocolate using a teaspoon to make sure the whole of the apple was covered.
- Then dip the apples in the nuts, again using a teaspoon to make sure no where is missed!
- Place on a lightly oiled plate in the fridge until set.