I love the of aroma of cinnamon & cloves at Christmas, these paper stars are a great way to scent you home with seasonal fragrance …
What we used
Pestle & Mortar
Star shaped cookie cutter
Non-Stick Baking Tray
What We Did
- Soak shredded paper in a mixture of craft glue and water (approx 50/50). Leave until the paper begins to break down. We left over night. If you want a smooth finish you can use a blender to break down the soaked paper.
- Use a pestle and mortar to crush the cinnamon and cloves and add these to the mix.
- Place your cookie cutter on the baking tray and push the paper mixture in until it’s approximately 5mm thick, gently remove the cutter. Repeat until you tray is full.
- Using the bamboo stick, make a small hole in the top point of your star ready for the ribbon.
- Place the stars somewhere warm to dry, either near a woodburner or in an oven at a very low heat.
- Once dry dry brush gold paint across the surface of the paper and allow to dry.
- Thread through your ribbon & hang.