I have been stock piling bottle caps for a long time now, waiting for the perfect project. So when I was gifted this coffee table with a damaged top I thought bottle caps would be ideal for upcycling it.
You will need
An old table
Paint suitable for wood
Grout & Spreader
- Give the table a clean, depending on the condition of the surface you may need to sandpaper it before painting.
- Make sure you have enough bottle caps to cover the surface of your table, you may want to consider laying out the bottle caps first to help you decide on a pattern. We went with diagonal stripes.
- Paint the table a colour of your choice using a paint suitable for wood. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Apply a thick layer of grout to the surface of the table.
- Push the bottle caps into the layer of grout in the pattern you have chosen. The grout dries quite fast so you may want to work in sections.
- Allow the grout to dry thoroughly before applying another layer between the bottle caps.
- Smooth off with the spreader and then wipe off any excess with a damp cloth.
Huge thank you to my sister for helping out with this project!