This is a nice way of recycling old yogurt pots and attracting birds to your garden too! It is also a nice project to do with children.
You will need
Wild Bird Seed
String, Ribbon or Cord
Sticky Back Plastic (Optional)
- Decorate your pot. We decorated our yogurt pots using some off cuts of sticky back plastic that had been donated by a signwriter. This is optional.
- Take a block of lard and melt it over a low heat.
- Add in the bird seed and stir.
- Pack the mixture into washed yogurt pots and allow to cool.
- Tie string or ribbon around the rim of the pot and suspend from a tree or somewhere suitable in your garden.