While at the Derby university family funday we saw some fabulous obelisks/tepees made from canes and wool oddments. My daughter loved them so we decided we should have a go.
You will need
6 x 6ft garden canes or hazel wands
Wool oddments approx 200g
- Choose a nice flat spot in the garden
- Push four of the canes into the ground to form a square approximately 4ft apart.
- Add a further two canes to the side of the square where you want to form a door approx 1ft in from the corner canes.
- Bend the canes together at the top and tie together.
- Wrap wool oddments around the canes to form the walls of your tepee.
- Leave the bottom half of the 2ft gap in the side clear for the door.